- Posted by:
- Category: Alerts & Notices, News, Resources
Every winter, rodents invade homes looking for a warm place to harbor and nest. As we say goodbye to winter and welcome summer, rats continue to invade homes in search of food. Rats do not make good house guests regardless of the season due to their destructive behavior like gnawing furniture, food packaging or clothes and they can transmit diseases through their droppings and biting. In Zimbabwe the most common rat types that invade homes are the black rat and the brown rat. Once in your home, rats breed and multiply swiftly.
Here are some tips to help reduce chances of rats invading your home this summer
- Thoroughly inspect the exterior and interior of your home. If you identify any openings or cracks, you can seal the cracks or openings with steel wool or any ideal substance. This will help prevent rats from squeezing or gnawing through the spaces.
- Keep your garage and other storage areas well organized. For instance, store boxes on shelves and not on the floors.
- Install door sweeps on all exterior doors
- Dispose of garbage promptly, and keep garbage cans as far away from your home as possible.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from your home, rats like to nest in wood piles therefore moving firewood further from your home makes it harder for rats to get inside your house.
Have rats already invaded your home and you are in dire need of professional help? Thankfully homeowners no longer need to worry about rats’ invasion and infestations because as Agricura we offer professional rodent control services that are designed to control rats’ infestations no matter what time of the year. Our prices are affordable and the service is prompt and can be customized to better meet your needs. We have been in the business for over 51 years and over this time we have built a formidable wealth of experience. We are well equipped with latest technology and well trained staff. When it comes to pest management, we strongly believe no one is better than us. Get in touch with us today.